Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Anniversary

I was asked to make a special anniversary card.  It wasn't a special anniversary, just a special type of card.  It had to have a dial with all the wedding anniversaries on it and so needed a gap on the front to read the writing through.  The only way I could make it work was by folding the paper in half one way and then in half the other way.  This means that the dial and it's working are hidden from the inside of the card.  It did take quite a time getting it all to work out even though I had a copy to copy from.



There were no special requests for designs other than the greeting and a blank inside.   I bought a sheet of 12 x 12 card and on the front I clear heat embossed some little butterflies.  I die cut some gold mirror card to layer the greeting and then typed and printed the greeting and after cutting the window I mounted it on the gold.  I then cut the window on the gold and mounted it on the card.  I then cut the window on the card.

I cut my favourite Marianne Creatables butterfly in gold too and then mounted that on a sticky pad on top of the circle diecut.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut the diecuts .

I loved it and luckily so did the person who had asked for it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.