Sunday, 19 May 2013

Lucido card

My U3A cardmaking group introduced me to something I had never heard of before - Lucido.  I can't say it was my favourite style of cardmaking but it was good to try it, anyway.

Several of the ladies had the stencils and some had some of the peel-offs  but it seems they cannot be bought any more and so the stencils sit languishing in drawers.

The cards are a mixture of sewing and cutting small pieces of paper to fit within the shapes and then mounting the peel-offs on top.  It would also be possible to just use the peel-off shapes and then colour inside them.  I coloured lilac inside the small flowers in the corners but the green flowers were made by sticking the peel-off shapes on the green paper and then cutting close round the edge of the peel-off.





I am entering this card in the following challenges|:

Challenges 4 everybody:  #20 anything goes
Simply Create Too: #37 Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Far too fiddly for me - AND - it includes sewing, so definitely not one for me to try :o;) It looks lovely though, Liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Liz. I have never heard of Lucido either, but it makes a great card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too in our "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you next time too. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.