Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Crochet update

I am slowly teaching myself to crochet, along with a bit of help when I get stuck.  Today I went over to Cuckfield to the Knit/Crochet natter afternoon and the owner, Philip, was great in helping me getting started on this crochet flower.

The centre doesn't look quite right as I must have gone through a different part of the stitch as I did the first and second rounds but I can get away with it as a button will be mounted in the middle and will cover it.

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely. Gorgeous colour, too. It's amazing what a multitude of sins a button can cover up, isn't it ? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Liz. It will be fine with a button! You have been busy blogging some lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I so wish I could crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely Liz, I can only crochet squares and it had been a long time since I did any crochet at all! Shhh don't tell anyone but I finally putting the patchwork quilt together that I have been making for the last er 30 ish years!!! I am not expecting to get it finished any time soon though as there is still a lot to do. One day you will see a photo of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Liz .. Learning to crochet isn't the easiest thing in the world to do - you've done really well making the flower .. & No, it's not all that noticeable & as you say, can be hidden by a button ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Liz .. Learning to crochet isn't the easiest thing in the world to do - you've done really well making the flower .. & No, it's not all that noticeable & as you say, can be hidden by a button ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your crocheted flower looks fab Liz and well done for learning how to crochet. I would love to learn too but I'm full of good intentions!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.