Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tools

I must admit to wondering what I would do with this image when I received it with my February swap parcel from Pat.  It had a big blank white area in the centre and I toyed with the idea of colouring it but in the end decided to cut round the edge of the stamp leaving a little margin and then mounting some crepe paper from my snippets box behind it.  Crepe paper is fabulous for texture but never easy to stick down ....success, I sandwiched it  LOL.  I decided to emboss the black card I was mounting it onto and then added 4 little white brads.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Creative Creations:  Inspired by Song (If I had a hammer by Pete Seeger)
Craft Room Challenge:  Something for a Man
Anything Goes: Make it manly
Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets #61

8 comments:

  1. I like what you've done with this (I confess that I've got that and have never used it ... you might have inspired me to find it!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, fabulous card for DIY man!
    Thank you for sharing your creation at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever card Liz - super way to use crepe paper too! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stunning card which is just perfect for our Something For A Man Challenge. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi liz, great card, never thought of using crepe paper! I have that stamp, used it last year stamped a couple of times and cut it up to make a DIY birthday cake with the screws as 'candles' - was great fun! Must dig it out again :-)

    Hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card! Love all the little tools!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous male card... love the design and images!

    Thanks for sharing with Anything Goes this time..

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.