I have been spending time painting and decorating it over the last week and yesterday I actually finished it. I painted it with a cream/buff coloured acrylic paint and then used some Echo Park co-ordinating papers. I thought the distressed look would help disguise any grubby fingerprints when I am using it!!!
This is the back - just love this advert paper
And I have used this paper on the sides too
The drawers, made two layers of really strong cardboard, were the hardest as they needed covering with sticky book covering so that they slid easily and were held together nicely. I have never managed the art of book covering without a bubble or crease, let alone these little boxes!!! I just used some of the patterned papers on the front of the drawers.
I am so pleased with this and it will be very useful. I have displayed a few things in it so that you can visualise the dimensions.